How to Excel at Leading People
Great leaders are no more born than great doctors are born. While people may have natural tendencies for success, in their personal makeup, they take the training and education that sets them up and sets them apart. Have you received the training needed to be the best leader you can be? Do you feel like a vital member of your management team? Assuming the role of leader does not prepare us for the challenges of a workforce varied in age, experience, expectations or willingness. Also, first-time leaders are often the first to be blamed when objectives are not met, but the last to be given the leadership skills and management tools needed for solving problems, getting the most out of employees, and achieving objectives. Sometimes you need to put yourself forward and educate yourself in this area.
This programme takes the complexity and confusion out of how to be an effective leader. Whether delegates are new to the job or well-established, they’ll take home dozens of fresh ideas, imaginative solutions and best practices they can use the very next day. You will increase your skills and awareness to handle leadership issues ensuring personal and organisational success!
To succeed in your expanding role, you’ve got to get in tune with the times and keep one step ahead of the changes. That means continually updating your skills and seeking out all the freshest ideas, latest strategies and cutting-edge techniques you can get your hands on. That’s where this intensive, hands-on workshop comes in. In just two days, you’ll get the most up-to-the-minute information and techniques available on how to manage change, motivate, discipline, delegate, inspire, and problem solve all the critical skills you need to succeed as a leader.
On completion you should be able to:
- Make the transition into the role of effective leader
- Effectively handle friends, older workers, new hires and other early problems.
- Have a deeper understanding of motivating people, and how to gain commitment.
- Be able to choose the most effective and appropriate leadership style.
This course is designed to help you move through the most basic of leadership problems and give you new and innovative ideas on how to get the most out of your people. The programme delegate numbers are deliberately set to allow you to work together with your peers in a friendly and personal atmosphere to learn about and from each other.
- Defining the Problem
- The difference between leadership and management
- Communicating to clarify the situations
- Leadership assessment
- Communication with colleagues barriers to the process
- Building relationships and trust
- Behavioural styles and communication
- Key characteristics of the styles
- Assertive behaviour and communication
- Listening and questioning
- Critical tools and steps to listening
- Types of listening
- Elements of a winning team
- Difference between workgroups and teams
- Benefits of teams
- How leading a team is different from leading individuals
- Managing the exceptions
- Giving proper feedback
- Utilising the Platinum rule
This course will enable delegates to develop appropriate and practical skills, which will quickly increase their confidence, assurance, authenticity and effectiveness when communicating with others. It will develop the communication skills people already have and the things they already do well, rather than focusing on what’s wrong or what needs to be fixed.
The focus will be on making life easier for you by enhancing what’s already there. In other words, you don’t have to learn a whole bunch of radically new things. Delegates will learn and reinforce their knowledge and tools to improve clarity and acceptance of interaction to begin improving the communication atmosphere and culture within their organisation to the mutual benefit of all concerned.
- Managers/Senior Executives across different functions
- Star Performers in the organization who wish to fast track their carrier
- Enterprenuers/ Self Employed Professionals
- Decision Makers irrespective of levels in companies
The following techniques will be used:
1. Instructor led facilitation
2. Partner exercises
3. Syndicate exercises
4. Small group discussion
5. Brainstorming leading to . . .
6. Large group discussion
7. Activity participation
8. Assessment tools
9. Questions and answers
10. Visual aids 1
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 8,950/- +18% GST per person.
- Please write to email@example.com/ Call -022 67256200
- Provide Below Details for Registration:
- Name of the participants
- Company Name and address:
- Contact details of Participants (Email ID & Number)
- Cheque favoring Princeton Academy Mumbai II Pvt. Ltd. payable at Mumbai.
- Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.