Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act and Statutory Compliance
There are number of labour laws applicable to run a business organisation. Therefore each organisation needs to know about them, so that they can be complied with. In case of any failure, ignorance of law will not be acceptable. In the modern times, all corporate organisations therefore make every effort to ensure that all labour laws as applicable to their kind of organisation where are complied with.
Moreover the programme allows you to catch up on all developments in this filed with value for all those who need to stay on top of this area of law. It helps in creating a healthy work culture in organisation with employers and employees. With the objective of making the corporate managers aware about the most important of such laws and their broad provisions, the programme has been organised.
Who Should Attend:
• Corporate (Manufacturing, Trading and Service Industry)
• HR Personnel and Pay Roll Processing Personnel
• Admin and Finance Department Personnel
• Traders and Businessmen
• Labour Law Practioners
• Salary Department
• Labour Law Compliance Personnel
• Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant,
• Advocates, Chartered Financial Analyst
With Latest Amendments:
1. The Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act, 1948 (with Latest Amendments)
2. The Employees State Insurance e Scheme (ESIC) 1948.
3. The Payment of Bonus Act 1948.
4. The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
5. The Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923.
6. The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
7. The Maharashtra State Profession Tax Act, 1975.
8. The Maharashtra Labour Welfare Fund Act, 1953.
The programme will cover the following aspects for above acts:
• Recent / Latest Amendments
• Coverage & applicability
• Important highlights
• Compliance aspects
• Care to be taken by the employer to avoid penal consequences
• Important judicial pronouncements
• Practical issues in day to day compliance.
Key Points: –
- If number of employees are less than 10 whether under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Registration Certificate is require?
- For maximum how may years under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Registration Certificate can be obtained?
- Maximum working hours of Overtime in Quarter under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act can be done?
- Whether Casual Leave is compulsory under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act? If yes, than how many days in a year?
- How to calculate privilege leave under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act?
- How many days Privilege Leave can be accumulated under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act?
- How many National & Festival Holidays applicable under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act are compulsory?
- What is the Penalty for non-compliance & non production of records to Inspector under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act?
- Whether Female Employee are allowed to work after 9:30pm to 7:00am? if yes the what are the condition applied?
- Whether Annual Return to be filed under amended Maharashtra Shops & Establishment Act?
- What is coverable limit of ESI w.e.f from 1st January, 2017?
- Whether ESI is applicable on Gross Salary or Basic Salary?
- ESI, PF Act is applicable to whom and what is its benefit.
- Unemployment benefit – payable under the ESI Act? & When?
- Whether voluntary coverage under possible under ESI?
- ESI Covered Employees after retirement – what is eligibility criteria.
- ESIC: – Documents for Registration / obtaining Code Number.
- ESI payment has to be made before which date.
- Whether ESIC Act is Applicable after attaining the 65 years of age.
- Minimum number of attendance required for eligibility of bonus.
- Calculation and Forfeiture of Gratuity and Bonus.
- Bonus is Payable on Rs. 7,000/- or minimum wages under schedule employment when basic + DA is Rs. 21,000/-
- Whether monthly Bonus is payable under the Bonus Act? If yes then how?
- What is salary / wages (Basic + D.A) limit and on what amount Bonus is calculated.
- When Gratuity is applicable and payable.
- Gratuity is payable on which components of salary ?
- What is the maximum limit under the Gratuity Act, for which Income tax exemption can be claimed?
- When female employee is entitled for the maternity benefit and when it can be forfeited.
- Is there limit for ex-gratia payment? Is it compulsory?
- Whether Employer can pay more amount of Gratuity then prescribed under the Act? If yes under what circumstances?
- What is recent amendment in Maternity Benefit Act? Whether it is for 12 weeks are 26 weeks?
- Minimum Number of Days attendance required is required for entitlement of Maternity under Maternity Benefit Act
- Recent amendments / updates on, ESI, Bonus Act?
- Contract Employees: – ESI; Bonus; Gratuity; payable by whom.
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 8,950/- +18% GST per person.
- Please write to email@example.com/Call or Whatsapp on 022-67256200
- Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
- Cheque favoring Princeton Academy Mumbai II Pvt. Ltd. payable at Mumbai.
- Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.