The Code on Wages replaces four laws — the Payment of WagesAct, 1936; the Minimum Wages Act, 1948; the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965; and the Equal Remuneration Act, 1976.
There are number of labour laws applicable to run a business organisation. Therefore each organisation needs to know about them, so that they can be complied with. In case of any failure, ignorance of law will not be acceptable. In the modern times, all corporate organisations therefore make every effort to ensure that all labour laws as applicable to their kind of organisation where are complied with.
The programme helps in creating a healthy work culture in organisation with employers and employees. With the objective of making the corporate managers aware about the most important of such laws and their broad provisions, the programme has been organised.
Who Should Attend:
- Corporate (Manufacturing, Trading and Service Industry)
- HR Personnel and Pay Roll Processing Personnel
- Admin and Finance Department Personnel
- Traders and Businessmen
- Labour Law Practioners
- Salary Department
- Labour Law Compliance Personnel
- Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant,
With Latest Amendments:
- An Over View of The Code on Wages, 2019.
- The Employees State Insurance Scheme (ESIC) 1948.
- The Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- The Payment of Bonus Act 1948.
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
- The Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923.
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
The programme will cover the following aspects for above acts:
- Recent / Latest Amendments
- Coverage & applicability
- Important highlights
- Compliance aspects
- Care to be taken by the employer to avoid penal consequences
- Important judicial pronouncements
- Practical issues in day to day compliance.
Key Points: –
- Which acts are clubbed together under The Code on Wages 2019?
- Whether rules under The Code on Wages 2019, Notification issued?
- What is Floor Wage under The Code on Wages 2019?
- What are the penalties for the non-compliances under the The Code on Wages 2019?
- What is coverable limit of ESI w.e.f from 1st January, 2017?
- Whether ESI is applicable on Gross Salary or Basic Salary?
- ESI Act is applicable to whom and what is its benefit.
- Unemployment benefit – payable under the ESI Act? & When?
- Whether voluntary coverage under possible under ESI?
- ESI Covered Employees after retirement – what is eligibility criteria.
- ESIC: – Documents for Registration / obtaining Code Number.
- ESI payment has to be made before which date.
- Whether ESIC Act is Applicable after attaining the 65 years of age.
- Minimum number of attendance required for eligibility of bonus.
- Calculation and Forfeiture of Gratuity and Bonus.
- Bonus is Payable on Rs. 7,000/- or minimum wages under schedule employment when basic + DA is Rs. 21,000/-
- Whether monthly Bonus is payable under the Bonus Act? If yes then how?
- What is salary / wages (Basic + D.A) limit and on what amount Bonus is calculated.
- When Gratuity is applicable and payable.
- Gratuity is payable on which components of salary ?
- What is the maximum limit under the Gratuity Act, for which Income tax exemption can be claimed?
- When female employee is entitled for the maternity benefit and when it can be forfeited.
- Is there limit for ex-gratia payment? Is it compulsory?
- Whether Employer can pay more amount of Gratuity then prescribed under the Act? If yes under what circumstances?
- What is recent amendment in Maternity Benefit Act? Whether it is for 12 weeks are 26 weeks?
- Minimum Number of Days attendance required is required for entitlement of Maternity under Maternity Benefit Act
- Recent amendments / updates on, ESI, Bonus Act?
- Contract Employees: – ESI; Bonus; Gratuity; payable by whom.
- What is the judgement of Supreme Court dated 28th Feb 2019 with regarding to PF Contribution Payable on which component of salary?
- What is the magic salary / wages of Rs. 15000/- (Basic + D.A) under Provident Fund Act?
- Whether voluntary coverage us possible under ESI & PF?
- Excluded Employee under Provident Fund.
- Under Employees Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme what is maximum amount payable?
- ESI & PF payment has to be made before which date?
Timings: 9:30 am –
5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
• Fees: Rs. 9,500/- +18% GST Per Person
• Please write to email@example.com/ Call or WhatsApp on -022 67256200
• Mention the name of participant, company, contact details
• Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.