Good business communication not onl y helps us to engage with people but also decides how we are perceived. Words used and dialect choices give the listener insights into the class, personality, thought processes and even intention behind those speaking them.
In this course, participants will engage in interactive quizzes and exercises, review and feedback sessions with the mentor, group discussions and debates focused on business topics, and independent practice exercises and assignments.
By the end of the training program, participants will have a solid understanding of business English vocabulary and phrases, as well as essential communication skills and cultural awareness for succe ss in the workplace.
Course Content :
Week 1: Speaking Fluency and Vocabulary Expansion
- Assessment of the participants’ current speaking skills and vocabulary knowledge.
- Speed Speaking activity: Discussing given topics for a set amount of time without hesitation or repetition.
- Debate activity: Debating a topic related to business or current events to use persuasive language and provide evidence to support arguments.
- Vocabulary Expansion activity: Introducing new words and expressions related to business and current events and having participants practice using them in context.
Week 2: Grammar and Sentence Structure
- Common grammar mistakes and reinforcement of correct sentence structure.
- Analysis of authentic materials, such as news articles or business reports, to practice complex sentence structures and styles.
- Sentence Structure Practice activity: Providing participants with sentence structures to use in a specific context, such as a business meeting or presentation, and having them practice using them in conversation.
- Presentation Practice activity: Providing participants with a presentation topic and having them practice constructing complex sentences to convey their ideas effectively.
Week 3: Pronunciation and Listening Comprehension
- Pronunciation of difficult sounds and intonation patterns.
- Listening Comprehension activity: Listening to audio or video recordings of business-related conversations and practicing comprehension skills.
- Pronunciation Practice activity: Focusing on specific sounds or intonation patterns that are difficult for the participants.
- Presentation Practice activity: Providing participants with a presentation topic and having them practice their delivery and pronunciation.
Week 4: Business Communication and Presentation Skills
- Effective business communication and presentation skills.
- Business Communication activity: Practicing effective email writing and telephone conversation skills.
- Presentation Practice activity: Providing participants with a presentation topic and having them practice their delivery, body language, and use of visual aids.
- Final Assessment: A final assessment of the participants’ speaking fluency, vocabulary knowledge, grammar and sentence structure, and presentation skills.