(Prevention of Sexual Harassment Act )
POSH training has been made compulsory in India since 2013 when the ACT was passed. According to the ACT, any company/organization with more than 10 employees should have a mandatory POSH training for all their employees and employers.
It has been made mandatory so that every employee and employer know what comes under workplace harassment, how to file a complaint against it, the procedure of redressal of the issue and the consequences and penalties for non-compliance.
Gender Sensitivity & POSH
- What is Harassment & POSH Guidelines?
- How the relation between gender sensitization & harassment effects inter-personal relations?
- How to improve upon inter-personal relations?
- Mandatory compliances for employer under the Act.
- Be aware of provisions of Law;
- In circumstance of happening of any incident, the knowledge of procedure to handle the case, departmentally.
- Being aware of legal aspects, the employer can very well comply with the mandatory provisions and can avoid penal action.
- The practical tips will help to reduce the occurrence of such cases;
Harassment, Workplace & Applicability:
- Understanding ‘unwelcome’
- Understanding ‘quid pro quo’ and ‘hostile work environment’
Process of Filing Complaint & Redressal mechanism:
- Process for filing Complaint
- The punishments for harassment
- Tips to prevent online/virtual harassment
- Things to keep in mind to prevent harassment arising out of personal relationships
- The consequences of filing a false complaint with malicious intent
- The consequences of retaliation
- Responsibilities of a someone who has witnessed harassment
- The responsibilities of an employee in preventing harassment in the organization.
- Redressal process
- Importance of maintaining confidentiali ty
Vision of Organization, Things to keep in Mind & Prevention:
- Emphasizing on purpose of the Law & policy
- Values & mission of the Organization
- Rights and duties of each employee
- Empowering employees in handling instances of harassment outside workplace like: Stalking, Voyeurism
- Using media for violating privacy etc.
- Preventive Measures (also focusing on do’s and don’ts while working from hom e)