In today’s competitive edge, all the organizations are gearing up to meet the challenges caused by market demand. The accent is on Improving Quality and Reducing Cycle Time & Cos.t. One of the methods employed is “Eliminate the Unnecessary and simplify the necessary. Stores Department & its people can contribute significantly to ensure the above.
Store personnel play an importa.nt Role in “Flow synchronization leading to cycle time as well as “Making Stores space available for value added work. Store is the custodian of Inventory and a single item mismatch / loss directly affects production plan & delivery schedule.
The people working in Stores must understand their Role & Responsibility as well as importance of Stores (Objective, Function, various Transactions in Stores & performan.ce of Stores) Stores can contribute to profit, it operates effectively with Modern Trends.
A stores manager must be able to
- Manage stores, stockyards and inventory;
- Plan, organise and coordinate inventory work;
- Train, supervise and control stores executives
This Program teaches how that is done, and how to carry our stores management and stock control tasks effectively and professionally.
- The stores function in an enterprise and its main activities.
- The need for efficient management of stores.
- Health and safety, and accident prevention in stores, stockyards and warehouses.
- Staff and managerial responsibilities for safety; protective clothing, safety equipment.
- Storehouse buildings: factors regarding their location, design and layout.
- Considerations regarding floors, entrances and exits, and sub-stores.
- Planning in stores and stockyards, heating, ensuring efficiency of movement, stores maintenance.
- Stockyards: materials, location, design, layout, throughflow, protection of stored items.
- Manual and powered stores equipment, materials handling, training of staff.
- Storage, measuring and general stores equipment.
- Facilitating orders and movement of stocks out of the stores.
- Order picking, packaging, avoiding damages, the use of pallets and racks.
- Protection of stock against loss and damage, causes of spoilage, how to overcome these problems.
- Storehouse and stockyard security, control over keys, prevention of theft and pilfering.
- Fire prevention, fire drills and fire-fighting equipment.
- Ordering stock items, documentation and planning.
- Stock items, inventory identification, codes, creating and understanding coding systems.
- Stock records: their contents and uses, importance of accuracy.
- Statistics and reports; the role and management of the stores office.
- Procedures for stock receipts and issues, coordination with other departments; packing, despatch.
- Setting stock levels, reorder levels, factors in levels set; cos.ts, ABC, EOQ, forecasting.
- Stocktaking: reasons and purposes, procedures, spot checks, stock valuation, inspections.
- Obsolete and obsolescent stock, disposal of unwanted goods.
- Data and documentation, data safety, computer systems and backups.
- Latest trends.