panel_start Overview panel_end
The Shops and Commercial Establishments Acts are state enactments which provides for the regulation of conditions of work and employment in shops and commercial establishments. These Acts provides safety, health and welfare provisions that the employer in such establishment is required to implement. The owner or the authorized person of the establishments covered under these Acts is required to register under the Act(s).
These Acts provide for the regulation of the opening and closing time as well as weekly holiday. The primary aim of these Acts is to ensure safety, health and welfare for the employees in such establishments. These Acts prohibit employment of children and employment of women during night hours. These Acts further provide for conviction and monetary penalty for the violation of safety, health and welfare provisions by the employer.
As a progressive employer, it is imperative on us to be aware of the latest amendments in the applicable Acts and Rules and adopt/ follow these as part of our Compliance requirements.
Present program intends to update the Directors/ CEOs/ HR Heads/ Executives/ Finance Heads/ Business Heads to be aware of the latest changes and updates under the Shops & Commercial Establishment Acts & Rules and its ensure comprehensive implementation to avoid further hassles in legal processes.
With Latest Amendments:
- The Karnataka Shops & Establishment Act 1948 (With Latest Amendments)
- The Employees State Insurance e Scheme (ESIC) 1948.
- The Payment of Bonus Act 1948.
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
- The EmployeeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Compensation Act, 1923.
- The Maternity Benefit Act, 1961.
The programme will cover the following aspects for above acts
- Recent / Latest Amendments
- Coverage & applicability
- Important highlights
- Compliance aspects
- Care to be taken by the employer to avoid penal consequences
- Important judicial pronouncements
- Practical issues in day to day compliance.
Panel_start Program Objective panel_end
- Understanding the key provisions under the Acts and its applicability on various establishments.
- Update on various Notifications and Case Laws on coverage and scope of Establishments under the Act
- Detailed Study of Act Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Chapter wise and Article wise for obligatory requirements of the Act in an Establishment
- Process of Registration of the establishments and Renewal
- Provisions for Hours of Work, Leave with wages, Overtime
- Regulatory Requirements related to Health, Safety & welfare Provisions
- Specific provision for employment/ exemption of employment of Children, Young persons and Women in the Establishments
- Inspection Process under the Acts, Inspection Checklist and compliance to notices/ inspections
- Penal provisions under the Shops & Commercial Establishments Acts
- Understanding the applicability of other Labour Legislations to the Shops & Commercial Establishments – Bonus, Gratuity, Maternity Benefit Standing Orders, Industrial Disputes, Apprentices Act etc., etc.
panel_start course outline panel_end
- Highlights of the Shops & Establishments Act of Karnataka
- Understanding the detailed Provisions under the Acts/ Rules Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Chapter wise and Article wise
- Registration of Shops & Commercial Establishments Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Process, SOP, Forms, Fee and Renewal of Registration
- Provisions for Working Hours, Rest Day, Close Day and Overtime Work, Annual leave with wages
- Wages & Compensation Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Provisions for wages payment, Deductions, Appointment letters and employee benefits under the Acts
- Safety provisions, Hygiene & Cleanliness, Protection against Fire etc.
- Provisions for employments of Children, Young persons and Women in Shops & Establishments Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Permission for Night Working for Women
- Maintenance of Registers, Records, Displays, Notices & Annual returns
- Inspections and Penal provisions under the Acts for non-compliance
- Understanding the Process and Procedure for filling each Form/ Register/ Return and other Record under the Act & Rules
panel_start Target Audience panel_end
- Directors/ CEOs/ Business Heads
- HR operations Heads and Personnel / Admin Managers
- Company Secretaries & Practicing CAs
- Accounts and Finance personnel
- Corporate Compliance Personnel
- Labour Law Practioners