By Dr. P K Padhi
In the business world, the person responsible for making the contract with the client/s, may be national or international, is to have full knowledge on law of contract because all business transactions are based on contracts which are regulated under the law of contract. Therefore it is highly essential for the business men to manage the contract effectively whereby many unforeseen legal issues may be avoided. Both the parties making the contract may decide upon the terms and conditions before hand within the frame work of law.
In a technological era it is seen that business houses make the contract through e-mail with their clients and sometimes they prepare their own fixed terms & conditions and upload it on the website and which are generally not flexible. While doing so usually they insert a disclaimer clause or limiting or excluding clause as a part of the contract.
It would not be wise to think that Contract Management & Arbitration is based on Law of Contract only. It encompasses variety of legal issues governed under the CPC, Conciliation & Arbitration Act, Information Technology Act, Sale of Goods Act and many more.
Objectives: The purpose of the workshop is to provide a common platform where the participants would be provided all relevant keys which would help them in better understanding the legal and managerial issues in contract formulation, performance and enforcement so that they can successfully avoid some of the inherent mistakes usually committed by the parties while formulating the terms & conditions and while making domestic &/or international commercial contracts
Programme Content: ( Contract Management )
- How to make a valid contract?
- LD and/or Penalty Clause
- Disclaimer/ Excluding or Limiting Liability Clause
- Jurisdiction Clause
- Arbitration Clause
- Legality of e-contract
- Jurisdiction of Court in e-contract
- Enforcement of Foreign Award ( International Contract)
- Force Majeure Clause
- Amendment of Terms & Conditions
- Which Country Law would be applied? ( International Contract)
- Legality of Employment Bond.
Senior Executives and Managers from
- Project Managers
- Outsourcing Teams
- Finance and Accounts
- Senior Executives of SMEs
A Recently released book by faculty, Dr. P K Padhi on Ã¢â‚¬ËœLegal Aspects of BusinessÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ (PHI Publication) would be provided to the participants that can be referred to during the workshop and it would be a useful tool for the participants for future guidance.
Dr P. K Padhi
- Professor with XLRI Jamshedpur.
- Visiting Professor,
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, Orissa.
- AL ABBAS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Dubai &
- IMAGE Institute, Singapore.
- Specialization: Labour law & Commercial Law,
- LL.M. from Cochin University in 1984 & was awarded Ph. D. in 1993
- He has over 25 yrs of Teaching Experience
- 1994- Was Principal in University Law College, Utkal University, Orissa.
- Director in P.G. Diploma in Labour Law in Utkal University, Orissa, India.
- Conducted number of training workshops for large corporates.
Author of the following Books:
- Collective Bargaining & The Right to Strike;
- The Industrial Disputes Act;
- Collective Bargaining & The Law;
- Child Labour: Retrospect & Prospect (ed.);
- Judicial Independence & Accountability (Ed.);
- Legal Aspects of Business ( PHI Publication)
- Labour & Industrial Laws( PHI Publication)
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm , Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees: Rs. 8,900/- +14 % service tax per person.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org/Call -022 66976892
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.