Cost Reduction in Supply Chain Management
A supply chain encompasses all activities associated with the flow and transformation of goods and services from the raw materials stage to the end user (customer), as well as associated information flows. In essence, it is all assets, information, and processes that provide “supply”. It is made up of many interrelated members, starting with raw material suppliers, and including parts and components suppliers, sub-assembly suppliers, the product or service producer, and distributors, and ending with the end-use customer.
- Understand the meaning of “supply chain” and “Supply Chain Management” (SCM)
- Know objectives of a supply chain
- Learn the activities involved in SCM
- Learn the process tools for SCM
- Learn how to measure supply chain efficiency
Unique Programme Takeaways: –
The participants who are working in Purchase, Stores or Logistics will get insight on how to measure performance of their department. The measurement of performance on various parameters will help them improving the efficiency. Many times, professionals working in Purchase or Logistics work as standalone entity. The second takeaway of this workshop would be shift in mindset from working in standalone department to understanding the concept of the “chain”.
Workshop methodology: –
The workshop will have all the adult learning methods. Participants will be shown videos on modern supply chain practices. In addition to this, there will be group discussions, case studies, numerical exercises etc.
- What exactly is Supply Chain Management?
- Essential Definitions
- Recent Development of Supply Chain Management
- The Key Principles of Supply Chain Management
- What is Bullwhip effect? How it impacts the Supply Chain?
- What is Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR)?
- Break-up of the various costs involved in end-to-end Supply Chain
- Transportation Metrics that Matter the Most
- Impact of price discounts or marketing promotion on supply chain
Target Audience: –
The workshop is useful for the Department of Procurement, Supply Chain, Marketing etc.
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 9,500/- + 18% GST Per Person
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
o.in / Call -022 67256200
- Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
- Fees include lunch, tea, course material, participation certificate etc.