- During the last decade, India has emerged as one of the biggest and fastest growing economies in the world. Since 1994 the foreign exchange area was also liberalized. After the enactment of FEMA in 1999, the Foreign Exchange Market became more customersÃ¢â‚¬Â friendly and competitive enough. These evolving macroeconomic environment and financial market reforms are responsible for the paradigm shift in the financial citadel and offering many new avenues to the business firms for maximize their profits through foreign exchange transactions.
- This programme aims to develop awareness of foreign exchange market, exchange rate mechanism and exchange risk management. It will enhance knowledge base of the aspirants relating to international business operations, which will support them in relevant decision making issues. Participants will come to know about construction of forex rate, administration of forex market in India and managing risk (Exchange and Interest) in international business.
- Course Benefits
- – The course provides an in-depth understanding of the foreign exchange market and its related concepts.
- – Construction of forex rate of different pair of currencies.
- – Different types of merchant rates and their application.
- – Participants understand various types of risks in foreign exchange market and methods of managing those risks
- – Helps participants to understand the forex market dynamics and guides them to apply the same, thus ensuring improvement in their performance.
- Corporate: India being an emerging economy in the world is witnessing many new changes in the financial sector in general and foreign exchange market in particular. Many new changes and initiations are being introduced by regulatory authority in accordance with the growing volume in international trade and changing perceptions of the customers. Managers/Promoters of the firm duly equipped with the awareness of the present scenario and facilities available in the market will be able to boost their business and thus will accelerate the profitability of the business concerned.
Session 1: Introduction to foreign exchange market
- Features of foreign exchange market
- Structure of foreign exchange market
- Participants in foreign exchange market
- Activities in foreign exchange market
- Administration of foreign exchange market in India
Session 2: Exchange rate mechanism
- Types of transaction
- Types of rates
- Different types of merchant rates
- Construction of merchant rates
- Application of merchant rates
- Cross currency mechanism
Session 3: Managing risk in international business
- Introduction to risk
- Types of risk in international business
- Introduction to derivatives
Session 4.Permitted Derivative products for managing Exchange Rate risk
- FC-INR Options
Session 5. Case studies
- Teaching Pedagogy:
- The workshop will use Interactive lectures/ presentations, Case-Study and group discussions.
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
- How to Register:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees: Rs. 8,500/- +12.36 % service tax per person.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Please write to –firstname.lastname@example.org/Call -022 66976892
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.