Finance for Non-Finance Managers
Financial skills are fundamental to any managerial position. From accruals to write-offs to receivables and payables, this workshop shows non-financial managers the concepts, tools, and techniques that can help make each decision pay off—on the job and on the bottom line.
Through the effective use of actual case studies and annual reports of major Indian public companies. Make more informed business decisions…analyze financial statements with new clarity. Know the workings of the financial markets and understand that the core purpose of your organisation is to increase shareholder value.
How You Will Benefit
- Become grounded in all the principles of corporate finance
- Reduce the risk of financial errors in managerial decision making
- Learn how accounting and bookkeeping work
- Discover the ins and outs of financial statements and what can and cannot be learned from them
- Understand how budgeting fits into the world of accounting and the primacy of cash flow
- Gain greater insight into all the principles of corporate finance, including interest and ROI
- Find out how a organisation allocates its funds to investment opportunities
- Gain the skills that will help you make the right buy/lease decisions
- Learn how to take advantage of cash discounts offered by vendors
- Make more profitable sales by understanding fixed vs. variable costs
- Monitor operating results to achieve long-term financial goals
Understanding Bookkeeping and Accounting
How to Read an Annual Report
- Read and Understand the Financial Statements of a leading companies.
- Concepts of the Weighted Average Cost of Capital and EVA®
- Understand the Importance of Cash and the Timing of Cash Flow
- Explain How “Financial Leverage” Creates a Degree of Risk for the Company
Evaluating Financial Statements
- Compute the Financial Ratios Used by Financial Analysts to Assess:
– The Liquidity of a Business
– The Profitability of a Business
– The Risk of a Business
- Construct a Budget
- Use Budgets Efficiently
- Avoid Budgeting Fallacies
- Work with Different Budgeting Techniques
The Time Value of Money
- Compute a Time Value for Money
- Simple Mathematics of Compound Interest and of Present Value
How the Financial Markets Value a Business
- Different Models of How the Market Values a Business
- Enhance Shareholder Value in Your Organization
Cost Analysis, Profit Planning
- Categorize Costs in a Different Way, to Make Better Business Decisions “At the Margin”
- Utilize a Model That Determines Break-Even Levels of Quantity, Price, and Cost
Senior Executives/Managers from
- Senior Executives from SME’s
How to Register
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 8,950/- + 18% GST Per Person
- Please write to email@example.com
o.in / Call -022 67256200
- Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
- Fees include lunch, tea, course material, participation certificate etc.
Understood the ratios and making Judgments.”
Mr. Vikas Helchel- Director- Kristil Seibi India
“Understood Working Capital Cycle, Basic fundamentals strategy
and how to read a financial statement of an organisation.”
Mr. M S Patil- Sr. Manager- Lubrizol India Pvt. Ltd.
“Got answers to all my queries”
Ms. Sangeeta Chauhan-Sr. Executive- Investor Relations- Lupin Ltd.
“Understood overall concept of financing for day to day operations.”
Mr. Sandip Jha-ADI- IDFC Bank Ltd.
“Got a grip of the basics of Finance”
Mr. Abhinav Mahant- Sr. Manager Revenue- Times of India .
“Overall knowledge of Finance to make business decisions”
Mr. Rajesh P Sharma
Head corporate Safety- The Tata Power Co. Ltd.
“understood Financial Jargons, and reading of company balance sheet, ratios etc.”
Mr. S R D Narasimhan
Head- Lubrizol India Pvt. Ltd.