Selection & Interviewing Skills Training
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”2/3″][vc_tta_tabs color=”peacoc” active_section=”1″ no_fill_content_area=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”Description” tab_id=”1457942809343-8c00354d-6130″][vc_column_text]Ã‚Â Although the ability to hire the right people is critical not only for your organisation, but for your own success and advancement, very few managers know how to tell the difference between a top performer and an Ã¢â‚¬Ëœeloquent incompetentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢. In fact, a recent survey showed that more than forty per-cent of hiring decisions are made on the basis of appearance factors alone.
Our interviewing skills Programme is tailored for people who would like to gain better interviewing skills and learn how to conduct successful interviews for choosing the right employee(s).Ã‚Â Ã‚Â It will help participants to understand the stages of carrying out interviews and show them how to conduct an effective interview so that they are able to attract the best candidates and choose the best person for the job
The course is highly participative and will enables participants to gain practical experience of applying best practice interviewing techniques. Participants will learn how to ask effective questions, use the Interview Guide and make professional evaluations of candidate performance.
Objective: This workshop will help participants
- Understand how interviews effect your organization image
- Understand the different Interviewing techniques
- Show awareness of how psychological biases and filters can influence our perception of others
- Use the Interview Guide to plan and structure questions
- Use the right kind of questions to uncover what they are looking for
- Systematically evaluate candidate performance in order to make an overall selection decision
- Learn and use a specific step by step process for interviewing that eliminates mistakes
- Recognize the costs incurred by an organization when a wrong hiring decision is made.
- Develop a fair and consistent interviewing process for selecting employees.
- Be able to develop a job analysis and position profile.
- Enhance communication skills that are essential for a skilled recruiter.
- Effectively interview difficult applicants.
Workshop expectation setting
Module 1: Preparation & Interviewing Etiquette
- How the interviewerÃ‚Â image & communication skills affects the organization
- Understand the competencies, companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s values and the role requirements
- Logistics set up and background information
- Make short lists work for you
- Time management and interview structuring for Shorter duration interviews
- Doing away with words that create a Ã¢â‚¬Å“negative feelÃ¢â‚¬Â in candidates
- Looking at CompanyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s values and the candidate Ã¢â‚¬â€œ is there a fit ?
- Proper sequencing of a conversation starting with the best gesture of hospitality
- Does the candidate understand the role , sharing role profile , sharing expectations
- Sharing the interviewing process & broad structure
Module 2: The selection interview
- Interviewing atmosphere that works
- Understanding the different styles of interviewing techniques (eg. Traditional interview, STAR methodology, Critical Incident technique, situational judgement technique)
- Effectiveness of different techniques and its usage
- Simplicity in questioning
- Asking questions that evoke a response
- Assessing candidateÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s potential and past performance
- Making notes
- Asking the candidate for their queries
- Closing on a positive note
- Rating scales and rating sheets
- Scoring the responses of the candidates & analysing the candidates
- Finding the culture fit by reading and analysing noted responses
Module 3: Effective communication skills
- Questioning techniques
- Active listening
- Non-verbal communication & body language
- Silent hole
- Telephonic interviews & panel interviews
Module 4Ã‚Â : Ã‚Â Getting it right
- Interviewing problems to avoid
- Avoid the Ã¢â‚¬ËœhaloÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ and Ã¢â‚¬ËœhornsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ effect
- Balance your emotional reaction
- Problems recruiters face
- Dealing with difficult applicants
Methodology: Activities, Toolkit, Videos, Interactive Sessions, Presentations, Role plays and Practice Sessions, Flipcharting, whiteboarding etc.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Target Audience” tab_id=”1457942809542-314e2334-b784″][vc_column_text]Target Audience:
This program will be useful for HR Professionals, Recruiters, Talent Acquisition managers, line managers or anyone who would like to conduct interviews more effectively.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Faculty” tab_id=”1457942979065-3e4fcdc9-1f87″][vc_column_text]FacultyÃ‚Â :
Ms. Smita Dinesh
- More than 15 yearsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ experience in team and resource management, developing and implementing competency and performance based balanced scorecard.
- She is passionate about providing solutions that improve performance at work. She has undertaken & completed several projects that have helped organizations influence employee behavior in order to enhance performance..
- she has worked with companies like GE Money and Travelex India among others.
- Some of her clients include TATA Capital, LIC of India, LIC Housing Finance, GIC, Yes Bank, Axis Bank, Edelweiss, Capital First, Weizmann Forex, HPCL, CPCL among others.
- MBA from IMT Ghaziabad
- Com Honors from Delhi University
- Certified work Ã¢â‚¬â€œ level assessor from Rich Jobs
- Certified human behavior assessor from VSS Consultants
- Certified in competency based interviewing skills from Competency International, California
- Participated in the HR Leadership Conference on Balanced Scorecard on in 2011
- Participated in NHRDNÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s program on Organization Culture Design and Change in 2010
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”How to Register” tab_id=”1457943105236-3de1a7a1-5566″][vc_column_text]How to Register:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees: Rs. 8,500/- + 14.5 % service tax per person. (Discount for 3 or more participants)
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Please Call -022 66976892/ 66876874 or email- email@example.com
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”sidebar_custom_0″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_tta_accordion style=”modern” color=”peacoc” spacing=”2″ active_section=”0″ no_fill=”true”][vc_tta_section title=”Register Now” tab_id=”1457943432737-7fdbdd84-0117″]
Error: Contact form not found.[/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]