Collect & Prevent Overdue Outstanding Collections
panel_start Overview panel_end
Today is a turbulent time for business and the economy is in a heightened state of flux. Reaching Business Targets is difficult. Credit thus plays itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s part in achieving higher sales and expanding markets. Unfortunately poor credit management can kill a business. Assessing business risk and prospects, deciding a credit limit and credit period are backbone of credit management. These areas are least understood or controlled by most organisations. This workshop addresses the concerns of an excellent organisation.
panel_start Course Outline panel_end
Building a Credit Policy:
- Fundamentals of Good Credit Management
- Principle of Offering Credit,Terms of Payment
- Collection Policies and Practices:
- Building Credit Policy based on Needs of Market,
- Credit Ratings-Will They Pay?
- Credit Worthiness
Managing and Controlling Your Receivables/Outstandings:
- When is it time to collect? Understand when itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s time for action Ã¢â‚¬â€ and what action to take
- How to steer clear of the collection mistakes made most often
- Does your companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s credit policy ease or impede collections?
- Tools of the trade: Staying organized and in control of your massive workload
- Why no business can afford to ignore collections
- Power techniques for keeping track of what youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re owed
- What you can do to prevent many accounts from becoming past due
- The importance of using up-to-date and accurate information
Secrets of Successful Collectors:
- Putting yourself in the debtorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s shoes: why people donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t pay
- Why youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be more effective in collecting if you make it as painless as possible for the debtor
- How to stay positive when youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re surrounded by so much negative energy
- Keys to establishing a rapport with debtors that help you collect more money fast!
- Smart tactics that help you ease the debtorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s defensiveness
- Maintaining goodwill so you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t lose potentially good long-term customers
- When to turn up the heat Ã¢â‚¬â€ and when finesse will get you further, faster
- Be consistent Ã¢â‚¬â€ always follow up when you say you will
- Tactics to use when a debtor blatantly lies
- How to handle Ã¢â‚¬Å“specialÃ¢â‚¬Â collections situations Ã¢â‚¬â€ including when a debtor writes a bad check, how to get full payment from someone who thinks a partial payment is enough, and more
- When Ã¢â‚¬â€ if ever Ã¢â‚¬â€ should you agree to settle a balance for less than the total amount owed
The Telephone a Powerful Collection Tool:
- The importance of adopting a positive frame of mind
- Maintaining a client status report Ã¢â‚¬â€ important info you need to keep tabs on
- Getting past the gatekeepers who prevent you from speaking with your debtor
- WhenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the best time to make collections calls?
- Should you ever put a debtor on hold?
- Listening and questioning skills thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll prove invaluable in getting customers to pay up
- What days are Ã¢â‚¬Å“primeÃ¢â‚¬Â collection days?
- Essential follow-up documentation to phone conversations
- One thing you should never do with a client Ã¢â‚¬â€ argue!
- Soothing the irate customer
- Reenergizing after youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve had an emotionally upsetting call
- Establishing a rapport with clients Ã¢â‚¬â€ especially those you know youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll be working with in the future
- How to handle abusive insults and yelling
Excuses Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Handle Them With Confidence and Finesse
- I never received a bill for the product or service Ã¢â‚¬Â¦
- you probably never sent it!
- you sent it to the wrong place.
- you sent it to the wrong person.
- I misplaced the bill Ã¢â‚¬â€ when you send another, then IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ll pay.
- The Cheques in the mail.
- I just donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have the money right now.
- Our computer prints all Cheques at the end of the month.
- WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re having serious cash flow problems Ã¢â‚¬â€ but weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re good for it.
- The boss is out of town and no one else has the authority to approve Cheques.
- I have moved to other company, somebody else is in charge.
- WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re expecting big Cheques in a month and then we can pay the balance IN FULL.
- The computer is down so we canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t print any Cheques right now.
- I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t owe what you say I owe you.
- Those werenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t the payment terms I agreed to!
- IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m sure weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve already paid that bill Ã¢â‚¬â€ your records must be wrong.
- This bill is way too high Ã¢â‚¬â€ IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not about to be overcharged!
Collection Letters & Written Documentation of Conversations
- How to make sure your collection letter is opened Ã¢â‚¬â€ and read!
- How many collection letters are too many?
- What you should always include along with your collection letter
- When should you threaten legal action? And, just as important, when is it a BIG mistake?
- Phrases and words that do NOT belong in a collection letter
- Standard reminder letters Ã¢â‚¬â€ when to send and what to say
- Follow ups: The importance of doing what you said you were going to do
- Documenting a debtorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s payment plan agreement Ã¢â‚¬â€ get it in writing!
- Using certified mail Ã¢â‚¬â€ when and why
- Final notice: What to say and how to make sure the debtor understands you mean business
- Gentle reminders for people who usually pay on time
- Can a debtor sue you for harassment? Yes Ã¢â‚¬â€ learn when and how
- Promissory notes
- What are your options when you know Ã¢â‚¬â€ without a doubt Ã¢â‚¬â€ that the debtor has no intention of paying
- Working with outside collection agencies
- What you need to know about laws that apply to collections.
- DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t put yourself or your company at risk: Learn which laws collectors violate most often
- Tips for tracking down customers whoÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve skipped out on their debts
panel_start Target Audience panel_end
The programme will benefit all Executives and staff from
- Sales Administration
- Distribution (direct or channel)
- Customer Care
panel_start How To Register panel_end
Timings:Ã‚Â 9:30 am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 5:00 pm,Ã‚Â Registration begins atÃ‚Â 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 8,950/-Ã‚Â + 18% GST Per Person
- Please write toÃ‚Â email@example.com
o.inÃ‚Â / Call -022 67256200
- Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
- Fees include lunch, tea, course material, participation certificate etc.