Microsoft Power BI
Go from data to insights in minutes.
Any data, any way, anywhere. And all in one view.
Less than five minutes. That’s all it takes to start transforming your data into live dashboards and reports that’ll help you find answers to your company’s most important questions.
Power BI is a radically new tool in the hands of business enterprises who are overwhelmed with the amount of data at hand and until now did not have a cost-effective tool to extract insights from it. Enter Power BI which is a set of tools and applications that let you extract data from multiple unrelated sources and convert it into neatly managed and coherent set of information, visually appealing insights, interactive data, charts, graphs and reports.
What you will learn in this Power BI Course?
- Get an in-depth understanding of Power BI and how it works in different scenarios
- Learn about the three vital components – the Desktop, service, and Mobile apps
- Visualize and analyze data, derive insights from Excel spreadsheet or local database
- Create compelling reports, visualizations, derive real-time insights and deploy it on demand
- Create, share, collaborate and benefit from business information with purpose-built dashboards
- Know how to get work done without being a Business Intelligence professional
- Use Salesforce Data, Azure SQL Database & SQL server analysis tabular data
- Deploy content packs to work with Quick Books online and Adobe analytics
- Complete live Projects on Power BI to get hands-on experience.
What are the prerequisites for taking this Course?
You don’t need any prior knowledge to benefit from this Power BI training.
Why should you take this Power BI Course ?
Today every business enterprise and department needs extensive business insights andPower BI puts the power in your hands. You can easily work with multiple sources of data, convert it into a report, graph, or data visualization of your choice. Get real-time insights and deploy it faster than any other BI tool available in the market. It is open source and highly intuitive and does not need technical knowledge or IT support.
Power BI Course Content
- Introduction to Power BI
- Introduction to Microsoft Power BI,
- The key features of Power BI workflow, Desktop application, BI service, and file data sources, sourcing data from web (OData, Azure)
- Building dashboard, data visualization, publishing to cloud, DAX data computation, row context, filter context, Analytics Pane, creating columns and measures, data drill down and drill up, creating tables, binned tables, data modeling and relationships, the Power BI components like Power View, Map, Query, Pivot, Power Q & A, understanding advanced visualization.
Hands-on Exercise – Demo of building a Power BI dashboard, Source data from web, Publish to cloud, Create power tables
- Extracting Data
- Learning about Power Query for self-service ETL functionalities,
- Introduction to data mashup, working with Excel data, learning about Power BIPersonal Gateway, extracting data from files, folders and databases, working with Azure SQL database and database source, connecting to Analysis Services, SaaS functionalities of Power BI.
Hands-on Exercise – Connect to a database, Import data from an excel file, Connect to SQL Server, Analysis Service, Connect to Power Query, Connect to SQL Azure, Connect to Hadoop
- Power Query for Data Transformation
- Installing Power BI, the various requirements and configuration settings, thePower Query,
- Introduction to Query Editor, data transformation – column, row, text, data type, adding & filling columns and number column, column formatting, transpose table, appending, splitting, formatting data, Pivot and UnPivot, Merge Join, relational operators, date, time calculations, working with M functions, lists, records, tables, data types, and generators, Filters & Slicers, Index and Conditional Columns, Summary Tables, writing custom functions and error handling, M advanced data transformations.
Hands-on Exercise – Install PowerBI Desktop and configure the settings, Use Query editor, Write a power query, Transpose a table
- Power Pivot for Data Modeling and Data Analysis Expression
- Introduction to Power Pivot, learning about the xVelocity engine.
- Advantages of Power Pivot, various versions and relationships, strongly typed datasets, Data Analysis Expressions, Measures, Calculated Members, Row, Filter & Evaluation Context, Context Interactions, Context over Relations, Schema Relations, learning about Table, Information, Logical, Text, Iterator, Table, and Time Intelligence Functions, Cumulative Charts, Calculated Tables, ranking and rank over groups, Power Pivot advanced functionalities, date and time functions, DAX advanced features, embedding Power Pivot in Power BI Desktop.
Hands-on Exercise – Create a Power Pivot Apply filters, Use advanced functionalities like date and time functions, Embed Power Pivot in Power BIDesktop, Create DAX queries for calculate column, tables and measures
- Data Visualization with Analytics
- Deep dive into Power BI data visualization
- Understanding Power View and Power Map
- Power BI Desktop visualization, formatting and customizing visuals, visualization interaction, SandDance visualization, deploying Power View on SharePoint and Excel, top down and bottom up analytics, comparing volume and value-based analytics
- Working with Power View to create Reports, Charts, Scorecards, and other visually rich formats, categorizing, filtering and sorting data using Power View, Hierarchies, mastering the best practices, Custom Visualization, Authenticate aPower BI web application, Embedding dashboards in applications
Hands-on Exercise – Create a Power View and a Power Map, Format and customize visuals, Deploy Power View on SharePoint and Excel, Implement top-down and bottom-up analytics, Create Power View reports, Charts, Scorecards, Add a custom visual to report, Authenticate a Power BI web application, Embed dashboards in applications, Categorize, filter and sort data using Power View, Create hierarchies, Use date hierarchies, use business hierarchies, resolve hierarchy issues
- Power Q & A
- Introduction to Power Q & A
- Intuitive tool to answer tough queries using natural language
- Getting answers in the form of charts, graphs and data discovery methodologies, ad hoc analytics building, Power Q & A best practices, integrating with SaaS applications
Hands-on Exercise – Write queries using natural language, Get answers in the form of charts, graphs, Build ad hoc analytics, Pin a tile and a range to dashboard
Who should Attend?
- Other domain individuals who need extensive business intelligence.
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 9,500/- + 18% GST Per Person
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
o.in / Call -022 67256200
- Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
- Fees include lunch, tea, course material, participation certificate etc.
Full Details via Whats App
Full Details via Email