Improving Employee Engagement
Improving employee engagement matters more today than ever before. In the past, managers were more involved with the daily activities of their employees. Now, most employees have little supervision, meaning they must manage themselves and make decisions that previously a manager would have made for them. In this current environment, employee engagement is essential. Yet, 71% of employees are not actively engaged.
This training will help you change that at your company. You will learn how intrinsic motivation is a key factor in engaging employees. You will practice three skills to improve intrinsic motivation: praise, delegation and conflict resolution. In addition, the training covers the basics of team building. To provide you with additional resources, this training introduces the CPI tools that are most effective at improving employee engagement.
Seminar Learning Focus:
- Understand why engaging direct reports is critical to business success in the 21st century.
- Learn and practice three core skills to engage employees.
- How to utilize praise to effectively reinforce desired team behavior.
- How to empower direct reports to make decisions on their own, where appropriate.
- How to resolve conflict in a manner that maintains a positive work relationship.
Who Should Attend:
- Managers with direct reports.
- Individuals who would like to be effective leaders within their team.
- For organizations that want to build a Continuous Process Improvement culture, we recommend delivering this seminar to the leadership team first.
The Case for Improving Employee Engagement
The link between employee engagement and employee retention, customer service success, productivity, financial performance, and moreThe Case for Improving Employee Engagement
- Lessons from the real world — winning with high engagement
- Why employee engagement must be a top priority for managers
Understanding Employee Engagement
- Why should employees care? Top reasons employees engage or disengage
- Assessing levels of employee engagement — what to look for
- The key differences between highly engaged, engaged, not engaged, and disengaged employees (and why disengaged employees are so dangerous to your organization!)
- Who is most likely to become disengaged?
The Manager’s Role in Employee Engagement
- The manager’s role in setting the stage for employee engagement
- Creating a compelling vision and communicating it in an inspiring manner
- One size does not fit all: how to meet the unique talents of individual employees
- Untapped potential — why to look for it, where to look for it, and how to tap into it
- Why strong Emotional Intelligence skills give you an edge up on building employee engagement
- What managers can do to foster employee pride in their work and their contributions
- The correlation between employee engagement and management credibility
- The manager as a role model of enthusiasm and commitment
Communication, Relationship-Building, and Team Dynamics
- The roles of trust and respect in employee engagement
- Listen … listen … and listen some more! Your employees want to be heard!
- How to move employees from mere compliance to true commitment
- How the employee-manager relationship impacts engagement
- Team-building tips that help managers build engagement
- The right way to give constructive feedback … and why you must give it often
Inclusion, Involvement, and Collaboration
- Getting your team involved in setting high expectations and performance standards
- Giving employees a voice in decisions, goals, and more
- Beyond delegation: how to trust that you can give your employees more autonomy and control
- Why you want employees to accept responsibility and take initiative … and how to get them to do it
- Why meaningful work makes a difference
- Creating a climate that supports engagement
Hot Spots and Red Flags
- The most at-risk areas where people are most likely to “check out”
- Is it the job or the boss that’s causing engagement to suffer? How to tell
- The importance of getting new hires engaged quickly
- Job stressors that could lead to employees throwing in the towel
- How disengaged employees negatively impact other employees
- What to do when the overall organizational culture is contributing to waning engagement
Keeping Engagement High
- Recognition programs that are meaningful to employees
- The critical role of ongoing talent development
- Creating a strategy for ongoing engagement improvement
Timings: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
- Fees: Rs. 8,950/- + 18% GST Per Person
- Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
o.in / Call -022 67256200
- Mention the name of participant, company, contact details.
- Fees include lunch, tea, course material, participation certificate etc.