Gender Sensitivity & Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace Act, 2013
Click here to Register
How To Register
The Law provides that every Employer having 10 or moreÃ‚Â employees must constitute an Internal Committee within the Organization to handle complaints of sexual harassment. The Law is applicable to all kinds of Organizations Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Private and Public Sector companies, Government Bodies, Ministries, NGOs, Schools & Colleges etc.
There are penalties if the Law is not complied with, including cancellation of license to do business. However, employers should look at complying with this Law not because of these penalties but because sexual harassment free work environment would lead to better growth of business.
The one day workshop is to understand the concept & insight of the law relating to Prevention of Harassment of woman at work place. The work shop will be suitable for both genders. The workshop will create a safe and healthy environment for women in the organisation resulting into better output.
Includes:Ã‚Â Case laws (Judgments of Supreme Court & High Court).Ã‚Â Case Studies.Ã‚Â Study Material.Ã‚Â Learnings from real life examples.Ã‚Â Timeline for compliance
- To build better inter-personal relations amongst all the employees
- What is Gender sensitisation?
- What is Sexual Harassment?
- How the relation between gender sensitisation & Sexual harassment effects inter-personal relations?
- How to improve upon inter-personal relations?
- Key take away:
- To the understand the importance of gender sensitisation in improving inter-personal relations
- Technique to improve upon relations.
- Better inter-personal relations amongst employees will improve their performance, resulting in growth of the company.
- What the Law states?
- The background of the Law behind Secxual harassment of Women at workplace;
- The Secxual Harassment of Woman at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition & Redressal) Act,2013.
- What the Act says??
- Internal Complaints Committee;
- Mandatory compliances for employer under the Act.
- Key Take Away:
- Be aware of provisions of Law;
- Can change the behaviour & attitude to avoid any legal complications;
- In circumstance of happening of any incident, the knowledge of procedure to handle the case, departmentally.
- Being aware of legal aspects, the employer can very well comply with the mandatory provisions and can avoid penal action.
- Precautions and practical tips:
- The knowledge of legal aspects required to be taken care of by employer;
- How to minimise the scope of occurrence of Secxual harassment cases Ã¢â‚¬â€œ practical tips
- What precautions are to be taken by employer in day to day business?
- Key take away:
- The practical tips will help to reduce the occurrence of such cases;
- As prevention is better than cure, the precautions taken by employer will improve the working atmosphere.
- The better, safe and friendly working environment will improve the performance of Company;
- Improved performance results in more profit;
- Improved goodwill in market.
- Internal Complaints Committee
- Composition and term of office of theÃ‚Â internal complaints committee.
- Role & Responsibilities of internal complaints committee.
- Related laws for understanding responsibilities as civil court.
- Understanding concepts such as Evidence, Summons.
- Understanding formal & informal complaints and complaints mechanism including timelines.
- Handling of complaints (things to keep in mind).
- Sensitive interviewing.
- Different scenarios faced &Ã‚Â Process of Inquiry to be followed.
- Recommendations to be given.
- Challenges faced byÃ‚Â internal complaints committee.
- Importance of confidentiality and no retaliation.
- Statutory Reporting.
- Understanding other related laws and best practices to be followed so that the law can be implemented most effectively with the fairest redressal mechanism.
How To Register
Timings: 9:30 am Ã¢â‚¬â€œ 5:30 pmÃ‚Â , Registration begins at 9:00 am
How to Register:
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees: Rs. 9,500/- +18 % GST per person.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Please write to-Ã‚Â email@example.comÃ‚Â /Call -022-67256200
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Mention the name of participant, company, contact details .
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢ Fees includes lunch, tea, course material etc.